Benefits for employees at Uppsala University
As an employee at Uppsala University, you receive a number of benefits.
We have listed the most important ones here.
Extended summary of working conditions and benefits
Wellness hour and wellness and fitness activities subsidy
You may spend one hour of your workweek on health and wellness activities. In addition, you are offered an exercise and keep-fit subsidy of SEK 2,000 per year. See the Swedish Tax Agency’s list of activities for which you can receive the wellness and fitness activities subsidy (in Swedish).
In addition, employees are offered subsidised massages on the University’s premises.
As an employee, you are properly protected and covered during your work hours by several insurance policies:
- Business Travel Insurance – As a university employee or doctoral student, you are insured while on a business trip by the Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency
- Service Group Life Insurance – This insurance means that a tax-free single payment will be made to survivors of an employee who dies before retirement.
- Work Injury Insurance – If you are injured in the workplace, you can receive compensation from work injury insurance. The work injury can be an illness that has arisen because of your work. It can also be caused by an accident at work or an accident that occurred on the way to or from work.
Doctor visits and medications
Visits to the doctor are subsidised at SEK 95 per visit. We also compensate you for the cost of all prescription medicines up to the patient’s cost ceiling.
Salary exchange – exchanging salary for an occupational pension
You have the option of saving extra money for your occupational pension through an individual agreement – what is known as a salary exchange. This amounts to forgoing salary in exchange for your employer paying more money towards your occupational pension.
Free admission to museums and gardens
Admission is free for all employees to museums and gardens operated by Uppsala University:
- The Museum of Evolution
- Museum Gustavianum
- Museum of Medical History
- Linnaeus’s Hammarby
- The Linnaeus Garden with the Linnaeus Museum
- The Tropical Greenhouse